Sunday, September 1, 2024

Lily-Rose Depp / "Chanel Has Always Been Big For Me"

Lily-Rose Depp


Lily-Rose Depp: 

"Chanel Has Always Been Big For Me"



 In less than a year, Lily-Rose Depp has become the girl we all want to be. Her transatlantic style - which marries her father's Americana-grunge look with a subtle nod to Parisian cool referencing her mum's sartorial choices - has become a much emulated thing, on and off Instagram. No surprise then that Depp was destined to be a major style inspiration, and that one French brand in particular has always been a constant in her life.
"Chanel has always been this big thing for me - there are baby pictures of me wearing my mom's Chanel pumps," she confesses in her first ever cover shoot for LOVE. Last year the 16-year-old followed in her mum Vanessa Paradis's footsteps by appearing in a campaign for the brand, personally selected by Karl Lagerfeld.


"I have been lucky enough to know Karl since I was eight - yes, half my life." It appears that in those years the emerging actress has left her mark on the Chanel creative director. Speaking at the time of her campaign reveal, Lagerfeld said: "Lily-Rose is stunning; she's a young girl from a new generation with all the qualities of a star." And the feelings are totally mutual: " I have been so lucky to be around him and just talk to him. He makes people feel great. He is a presence. He's very perceptive; I really feel like he understands people," she tells the magazine.

In her first long-read interview, Lily-Rose also touches on the social-media stresses she has had since her account became everyone's obsession. "I would be much less stressed out without social media. I am constantly afraid of getting hacked. It's like being afraid of stepping on glass," she says. "My biggest fear is people reading something or seeing something on one of those fake accounts and thinking that came out of my mouth, when it didn't. I am very specific about what I put out on social media about myself. But that's also why I like social media, because it feels like the only thing that I have to control my own image. Everybody is going to say whatever the fuck they are going to say about me - and it is like this for everybody."


With both parents in the public eye, Lily-Rose has grown up understanding the perils of fame, but as we often see on Instagram, she also leads a fairly normal teenage existence. "It is delicate being my age, and trying to do all the regular teenager stuff, and then having that in the spotlight. But I am grateful for what it brings and it is honestly a small price to pay to get to do what I want to do - I am very happy about that."
Her focus right now is on her acting career and is fully embracing the roles she is taking on, including that of Isadora Duncan: "I can act every single day because I love it; it's just so liberating. It might be rare, but there are certain moments when you really don't feel like yourself. When you are in the character so fully, it's the best feeling ever, I love it. Even if those moments come just once a day or every other day, they are just worth it."




No comments:

Post a Comment