Monday, September 2, 2024

Model Moments / Angelina Artemieva

Angelina Artemieva
Angelina Artemieva
Model Moments: Angelina Artemieva
MAY 24, 2024 
In this installment of “Model Moments,” Angelina Artemieva offers a candid glimpse into the life of a fashion model beyond the glitz and glamour. With a career that has shaped her identity and worldview, Angelina discusses the complexities of her profession with refreshing honesty and insight. From embracing change and maintaining personal authenticity to balancing the demands of high fashion with personal well-being, she reveals the layers and intricacies of her life and work.

How has your personal identity evolved with your career in fashion?

Angelina: In modeling, you constantly meet a lot of unique people, which changes your worldview and personality. I have always been an introvert, but modeling has taught me to be more open-minded, resilient, and ready for everything to change anytime. It’s taught me to live in the moment, but it’s also very important to discover something new within yourself and remember to stay yourself.

What has been the most challenging aspect of modeling for you, and how did you overcome it? What did you learn about yourself through the process?

Angelina: The rapid and unpredictable changes are challenging—I’m a human of my routine. Meeting lots of people is a significant benefit of this job, but sometimes, we all need to be alone with ourselves. What has helped me is setting my goals for work and relaxation and, more importantly, knowing when I need that rest.

Modeling can be as demanding mentally as it is physically. How do you maintain your mental health and well-being in such a high-pressure industry?

Angelina: As I mentioned earlier, I simply follow my routine while trying to be versatile. Although modeling is a huge part of my life, there are other things I’m passionate about. I’m professionally involved in interior design, which brings as much excitement to my life as modeling does. Additionally, I unwind by taking walks with my dog and practicing hot yoga.

The fashion industry often deals with stereotypes. Have you faced any, and how did you challenge or overcome them?

Angelina: Yes! Some people think that it’s an easy job. Despite the numerous advantages, it also has its downsides. Sometimes, there are physically demanding days when you must stand in heels all day or wear very light clothing during the freezing weather on outside shootings. It requires the same qualities as any other job. But I enjoy overcoming these challenges because I love my job. I love the chemistry that happens within the team during a shooting day, and modeling is undoubtedly about teamwork. And I love seeing great results after.

What’s something people would be surprised to learn about the life of a fashion model? Any common misconceptions you’d like to address?

Angelina: It might sound surprising, but I usually look and behave like an ordinary person. When I am not at work, I do the same things as everyone else: walk my dog, meet up with friends, and try to enjoy my life.

Angelina Artemieva
Angelina Artemieva

PHOTO: PETROS KOUIOURIS
CREATIVE DIRECTOR: ALI KAVOUSSI
MAKEUP: PAT MCGRATH’S TEAM
HAIR: FRANCESCA MARIA
STYLING: ALTORRIN
PRODUCER: LAUREN MOGHAVEM

THE FASHION GRAPHY




No comments:

Post a Comment