Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Christian Weiss / Women




Women
by Christian Weiss

«Photography has become so omnipresent and effortless, that it is hard to earn a living from it and to stay identifyable. Millions of really good amateurs spoil the prizes as they work for free. The whole workflow has become easy and technically bad work can be repaired. Through social Media and Online platforms, ideas are spread and copied fast as lightning. Its like in the Musicbusines and in the Modelindustrie. A huge huge circus of desire. There will alway be a market for Bread an Butterwork that can not easily be served with stockfotography. (I do this a lot) As an artist you have to really stand out in some way and be very busy and very lucky to do well financially.»



«I want to talk about emotion, mere beauty or joy is somehowe boring to me, as well as to explicite blood and splatter themes or eroticism. I want to tell “one picture storys” that stay a little longer in peoples head. Every face tells many stories, every body expresses emotions. Beside this I respect my models as “pieces of art” by themselves, as living Sculptures, as milagros by nature. Built up by their experiences and individual lifes. I would consider myself as shy, and photography is a priveliged way to a gain certain intimacy. Good work without trust is not possible. Many of my pictures are quite artificial and do not necessarily tell a story about me or the model. But the Model has to trust in my vision. In a way my method is, to tell a convincing lie to show a truth about the human condition.»






























































A freelance photographer, graficdesigner and illustrator, living in munich.



No comments:

Post a Comment