Friday, April 8, 2016

Charlize Theron / Pretty people don´t always get the best movie roles

PRETTY PEOPLE DON’T ALWAYS GET THE BEST MOVIE ROLES, SAYS CHARLIZE THERON

Last year, she was the one-armed, rough-riding rig-jockey who drove Mad Max: Fury Road to the least likely Oscars sweep in Hollywood history. Now, South Africa's lost diamond tells GQ why superhuman beauty doesn't open every door

Charlize Theron on breaking out of being typecast early on

"Jobs with real gravitas go to people that are physically right for them and that’s the end of the story. How many roles are out there for the gorgeous, f***ing, gown-wearing eight-foot model? When meaty roles come through, I’ve been in the room and pretty people get turned away first.”



Charlize Theron on ageing

“We live in a society where women wilt and men age like fine wine. And, for a long time, women accepted it. We were waiting for society to change, but now we’re taking leadership. It would be a lie to say there is less worry for women as they get older than there is for men... It feels there’s this unrealistic standard of what a woman is supposed to look like when she’s over 40.”



Charlize Theron on South Africa

“I love my country. And it’s very hard for South Africans to believe that, because I left and speak in an American accent. I have a very, very strong connection to my country and to its people. It’s the mother that might have abandoned me, in a weird way, but not all the way. I’m not having a pity party, but I’m constantly trying to win its love back.”



No comments:

Post a Comment