Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Debbie Harry reveals she was once raped at knifepoint


Debbie Harry
by Hans Ruedi Giger


Debbie Harry reveals she was once raped at knifepoint





Debbie Harry has revealed she was raped at knifepoint in her new memoir, “Face It.”
In the book, which comes out Oct. 1, the Blondie singer recalled an incident in which she returned to her then-boyfriend and guitarist Chris Stein’s New York apartment after a shopping trip to the “bodega for milk,” according to People. The couple was met at the front door by a man who “came up from behind us with a knife.”
Debbie Harry
Harry wrote that the man followed them inside and “piled up the guitars and Chris’ camera and then untied my hands and told me to take off my pants.”
“He f—d me,” she added. “And then he said, ‘Go clean yourself.'”
The now-74-year-old said she was “very happy” the sexual assault occurred prior to the AIDS epidemic or she “might have freaked out.”
“In the end, the stolen guitars hurt me more than the rape,” Harry wrote. “I mean we had no equipment.”


No comments:

Post a Comment