Monday, July 25, 2016

Quincy Is Made of 200% Energy




Quincy Is Made of 200% Energy

Quincy Brown, the son of Sean Combs, actor from Dope, and the singer of “Blue Dot,” talks to us about keeping things simple.

BY Maggie Lange
PHOTOGRAPHY BY Peggy Sirota
July 25, 2016

Why don’t you tell me what you’re most excited about that’s coming up for you?
Well, I’m finally releasing my first musical project. It’s an EP. On top of that, I have a show that I’m now part of. It’s called Star. That’s premiering January 2017. Those are my pretty much, you know, the two things that I’m most excited for.

Do you think about dividing your time between music and acting, or is it a pretty natural split for you?
Yeah, it’s like 100 percent versus 100 percent split. Not a 50-50. It is a different career, so it’s gonna require 100, not like 50, not halfway doing one thing and halfway doing the other. It has to be 100 percent in each field. So I haven’t lost that motivation to put that much effort into it.

How do you have 200 percent energy?
I don’t know. I’m into so much, like really across the board, from tech, sports.

What’s intriguing you most about the tech world right now?
You have the world in the palm of your hands, you know. It’s going to change the world, whether it’s through the Black Lives Matter. Technology’s what makes the world go round. Everything you look at, you see with technology.

What’s your strongest influence?
I’m thankful to my grandmother, who’s resting in peace right now. Bless her soul. She presented giving back in a way where it was so effortless. She would always find something to turn into a community-service thing or just a good deed for the day.

Tell me about the vibe you want to make with your music videos?

I have a very interesting sound. I wish I could identify it exactly at this moment. But I’ve never been able to identify the name of that sound. It’s very melodic, you know, very poppy. Since I’m an actor, that kind of bleeds, you know, into the music videos. I like to keep things simple. But how can we make this simple and stand out?

GQ






No comments:

Post a Comment