Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Diane Arbus / Four Quotes

Photo by Diane Arbus

FOUR QUOTES
by Diane Arbus


Appearance

Everybody has that thing where they need to look one way but they come out looking another way and that's what people observe. You see someone on the street and essentially what you notice about them is the flaw. It's just extraordinary that we should have been given these peculiarities. Something is ironic in the world and it has to do with the fact that what you intend never comes out like you intend it.


Travel and Tourism

My favorite thing is to go where I have never gone

A licence

Photography was a licence to go whenever I wanted and to do what I wanted to do. 

The Chinese

The Chinese have a theory that you pass through boredom into fascination and I think it's true. I would never choose a subject for what it means to me or what I think about it. You've just got to choose a subject - and what you feel about it, what it means, begins to unfold if you just plain choose a subject and do it enough. 



}

No comments:

Post a Comment