Monday, August 26, 2019

The Leftovers’ Margaret Qualley Talks Next Role with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling



Actress Margaret Qualley to Star in The Leftovers The Nice Guys
PHOTOGRAPH BY MIGUEL REVERIEGO.

The Leftovers’ Margaret Qualley Talks Next Role with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling


The daughter of Andie MacDowell and Paul Qualley stars in next year’s The Nice Guys.

BY KRISTA SMITH
August 26, 2015

AGE: 20.

PROVENANCE: Asheville, North Carolina.

ALL-AMERICAN: Qualley, the daughter of actress Andie MacDowell and former model Paul Qualley, moved four years ago to New York, where she trained with American Ballet Theatre. “When you’re really serious about ballet, it’s a job—even if you’re 15 years old. You’re doing it six to eight hours a day.”

POINTE BREAK: “I was offered a position in a company, and then I realized I didn’t really want it. That was a weird moment in my life. I had, like, an early-onset midlife crisis.”

JETÉ OF FAITH: After leaving the ballet world, Qualley switched gears. “I went to the Professional Children’s School, in New York, and I started modeling because I could do that until I actually figured out what I wanted to do, and it gave me the opportunity to travel.”

FIRST-RATE TALENT: Her first acting job was playing Jill Garvey on HBO’s The Leftovers, a role she’ll reprise in the show’s second season, which airs this fall. “With The Leftovers, I was actually super, super lucky. It was my first major audition. When I came out, the casting director was kissing me on the face and I was like, Oh that’s probably a good sign.”

NICE GUYS: The up-and-comer just wrapped next year’s thriller The Nice Guys, starring Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling, whose characters work together to find a missing girl, played by Qualley. “It’s an exciting change for me.”

NEXT UP: “I’ve been really lucky, so I guess I’m just waiting for the next ‘I have to do this’ project.”

Actress Margaret Qualley to Star in The Leftovers The Nice Guys

PHOTOGRAPH BY MIGUEL REVERIEGO.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/08/margaret-qualley-the-leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment