Monday, September 4, 2023

Antonio Banderas Answers the Proust Questionnaire

Antonio Banderas


 Antonio Banderas Answers the Proust Questionnaire

December 12, 2019


What is your idea of perfect happiness? 

The very short instant right after accomplishing something very challenging.

What is your greatest fear? 

The death of my loved ones.

Which living person do you most admire? 

Pedro Almodóvar, for being loyal to his personality as an artist against all the odds.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? 

My pathological incapacity to say no.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? 

I don’t like fake people, impostors.

What is your greatest extravagance? 

Buying a theater.

What is your favorite journey? 

Coming to visit my American family in Los Angeles.

On what occasion do you lie? 

When I don’t want to hurt other people.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?

I would like to be four inches taller.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse? 

“Unbelievable” and “Are you kidding?”

What is your greatest regret?

 The time I didn’t spend with my daughter when she was younger.

When and where were you happiest? 

In Marbella, Spain, when my daughter was born.

Which talent would you most like to have? 

I would love to be an amazing piano player.

What is your current state of mind? 

Excited and calm even if it is a contradiction.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? 

The age. I would like to be 30 years old now.


If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? 

I wouldn’t change my family for anything in the world.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

I survived Hollywood.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? 

A mountain.

If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? 

The ocean.

What is your most treasured possession? 

My theater.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? 

The day my dad passed away, I felt helpless—couldn’t do anything to relieve his pain.

What is your favorite occupation? 

President of my two foundations.

What is your most marked characteristic? 

People always say my eyes.

What is the quality you most like in a man? 

Integrity

What is the quality you most like in a woman? 

Compassion.

What do you most value in your friends? 

Loyalty.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction? 

Zorro for obvious reasons.

What is it that you most dislike? 

That we have to die.

How would you like to die?

Without noticing.

What is your motto? 

Carpe diem.


VANITY FAIR


No comments:

Post a Comment