Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Meyloo / Heptalogy

Meyloo: Heptalogy


After studying Arts in Paris, Meyloo discovered the world of makeup through encounters as unexpected as they were exceptional. Her lifelong passions; beauty, art, fashion, and the organic and mineral world that surrounds them, are for her an inexhaustible source of inspiration. Textures and materials mingle subtly, the resulting blends creating a universe that is both glamorous and dreamlike. She particularly values the idea of ​​poetry in pictures and discovered in make-up a limitless creative ground, in the service of beauty and elegance and her work has appeared in prestigious publications such as Vogue and Numero among others. 

Always in the search of innovations in the texture, Meyloo enjoys gathering teams for artistic projects, fusing the art of each member in ways that offer new creative perspectives.

In this small overview of her large body of work (or moments she has lived, as Meyloo points) we can see view six photos and one video of her journey so far. Each one represents a particular emotion, a creative moment, meetings and precious tributes to the artists with whom she had the chance to work and the selection process was quite difficult she mentions.

Meyloo is represented by  B Agency in Paris and you can follow her on social media to keep up to date with her work @meyloo.

Photographer: Marion Colombani

Photographer: Marion Colombani


I. Element

Photo : Lucie Brémeault
Model : Eva Biéchy
Texte : Adeline Soares

This image is from a series focused on details, made in my early days with the photographer Lucie Brémeault, with whom I started and who has now become my friend. 
We wanted to make a simple and very nice closeup series with flowers and a mouth. So, for the first time, I started experimenting and researching textures and materials, both organic and mineral. 
And that day, unexpected magic happened. It was as if this mouth had come alive. My childhood friend was also inspired to write a remarkable poetic text that speaks of the life and journey of this mouth. 
And I think the image has really travelled; just recently again, I found it on inspiration mood boards. I think that the emotion she releases, like a hug of roses, remains inexplicable. This photo is the first that gave me this heartbeat, these vibrations and these dimensions have now become vital to me. This is the first image I really liked and I believe that, in a timeless way, I will always love it.

II. Origin

Photo : Marta Bevacqua
Model : Juliet Searle
Makeup Assistant : Elise Augé

One day, Marta Bevacqua share with me that she would like to realise an underwater series. New challenge! So I started my research but in a direction a little different from what is expected … 
Quite often, the demand for makeup in an underwater setting, is that it should not move, or fade. I liked the idea that it is alive, that the element of water has a direct impact on it; it sublimates the movement and reflects the light (with the holographic effect for example) 
The approach regarding the application of makeup then becomes quite different and allows the interaction between each element, freezing this set in a moment. The energy of this shoot with one of my previous teams, Marta, Juliet and Elise, was as sweet and soothing as the rhythm of the water itself.

III. Remove

Model : Juliet Searle

This photo captured what was the beginning of one of my studies called REMOVE. 

That day, I was with Juliet at home and we just had fun doing some pictures of “textures” closeup. Only after additions, building upon overlays until saturation was achieved, I thought I was at the end of my search for textures. Frankly and spontaneously, I then passed a baby wipe to remove makeup, and that’s where I stopped: “That’s it! That’s it.” 

And thus began “Remove”. It is a question of finding spontaneously and randomly “the result of a work in its deconstruction”. The rendering is always unique and unexpected. 

Since then, I have fun in the studio. The process of makeup removal now has its precious little moment, which I capture when this magic appears … in its emotion and detail.

IV. Summer Void

Photo: Elisa Ritter
Model: Iben at Oui Management

This photo is a print that Elisa has gifted me, taken from her exhibition. It is the first part of a series that was proposed to me, and it has a special place, hanging in my home. 
My first meeting with Elisa took place for this project. A move of the heart, on a human and artistic level. I remember this shoot; simple, sweet, poetic and melancholic. It marked the beginning of many others together, and especially of our study on the organic and mineral poetry that surrounds us.

V. Exode

Photo : Thomas Babeau
Art Director : Benoit Guinot
Fashion Editor : Tatiana Dumabin
Stylist : Pauline Moreira
Model : Aliane Uwimana at Mademoiselle Agency

Simply one of my favourite photos, an incredible series where emotion remains unexplainable and timeless.

VI. Symbiote

httpss://vimeo.com/341262057
SYMBIOTE
Art direction et co-réalisation : Meyloo
Director of Photography : Nick Norman
Hair : Celine de Cruz
Grillz Maker : Lisa Michalik
Stylist : Tara Ziegfeld
Nails : Audrey Chéri
Head pieces : Kevin Jacotot
Makeup assistant : Elise Augé
Video Behind the Scenes : Jonas B.

Every year, I prepare a project for Halloween. It is true that this is a good opportunity to push the creative momentum and bring together a team around a common project. 
That year, I wanted to breathe life to matter once again, like a mysterious organic creature found at the end of the world. The topics covered: the fight with the material, the balance, the calm force, the power in the softness similar to the way that the lava flows … The cycle, the notion of time and the timelessness. 
This project is also inspired by artists I admire in their studies and their visual poetry: melancholic and romantic like Alexander McQueen; more organic and innovative like Iris Van Herpen. 
What I particularly like about this project is the complete fusion of all the artists who worked on it. We erase the limits and we do not know where each discipline begins or where it ends: makeup, hair, body sculptures, teeth, styling, nails … We only discern the size of the whole and its vibration. It is in this unity and the strength that it emits that I have placed my bet.

VII. Love

Photo : Laurence Laborie
Model : Nicole Meyer
Stylism : Candice Files
Hair : Sandra Yazoue

It was a day bathed in feminine energy, as sweet as it is incredible. This photo was captured in an unexpected moment of the day and I believe it is this moment, taken in the process, without control, that gives the intensity of the emotion of the woman on this image.
We do not care about codes, we then abolish the boxes, we are a paradox and its opposite. We do not apologise for being and we live. But I believe that after all, there is no need for words, the strength of this image speaks for itself.


Feature by Demetrios Drystellas

THE FOREST


No comments:

Post a Comment